Lighting is one of the most important things when driving at night. On the highways and on back roads it is especially important because there is no traffic lights or street lights.
This is where buying the best LED light bars come in handy. I found a website that reviews the best led light bars. The handy thing about websites like these are they do all the work for you, so you dont have to.
Here are some things I would recommend when buying an LED light bar.
Factors when buying Light Bars
Water and Dust Resistant
Because this is going on the outside of your truck, you want to make sure it can handle all the elements. Manufactures started to build light bars to IEC standards known as the IP code.
Here are IP raitings found on light bars:
- IP65 – dust tight and protected against water projected from a nozzle
- IP66 – dust tight and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water
- IP67 – dust tight and protected against immersion
- IP68 – dust tight and protected against continuous submersion in water
- IP69K – dust tight and protected against high temperature, close-range, high pressure spray
There are many different lengths you can purchase LED light bars in, typical lengths include: 4 inch, 6 inch, 10 inch, 20 inch, 24 inch, 30 inch, 40 inch and 50 inch light bars.
Brightness is expressed in lumens, lumens indicate how much light humans can visibly see.
Make sure you buy a light bar that last long, and is efficient. Most manufacturers will have this on their packaging or spec sheets.
Beam angles give you a width and depth of the area of light. While driving at night it is important to get one that lights up the most area.
These are the best tips/factors your should be looking for when buying a new Led Light bar for your truck.